Leave a review for our podcast & we'll send you a pack of infosec cards.
With ransomware and data breaches driving headlines, it can feel like security pros are always one step behind. However, I recently found a few stories that I thought were worth celebrating.
Not everyone on the Inside Out Security Show panel – Mike Buckbee, Kilian Englert, and Kris Keyser – thought the stories were good news.
Nonetheless, I think that over time, as technologies mature, they do become more stable and secure. A few steps forward, a few steps back, right?
Here are some of the stories we covered. What do you think?
- California makes ransomware a standalone crime
- Department of Defense gets into the bug bounty business
- ISO Vulnerability Disclosure Standard is now free
- FTC and FCC are paying close attention to IoT
- A few states tell you if you’ve been hacked
- Airports leverage machine learning and big data to assist with security
Sysadmin Tool: How to set up a SPF record to prevent spam and spear phishing.