We’re extremely excited to announce the release of version 5.8 of the Varonis Data Governance Suite!
This release is packed with major architectural changes that not only increase performance, but also reduce your total cost of ownership and make managing your Varonis infrastructure faster and easier than ever.
Here are some of the key features in 5.8:
- Collectors: New component introduced for metadata collection that no longer requires Microsoft SQL, resulting in better performance, easier deployment, and a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Management Console and Scheduler: Single point to manage and control the entire Varonis infrastructure, simplifying installation and monitoring.
- Incremental File Walk: Ability to incrementally scan/walk only the changed permissions on the file system rather than the entire file system, reducing system and network overhead and boosting overall efficiency.
- Database Separation: Support for SQL farms external to Varonis components, increasing architecture flexibility and reducing total cost of ownership.
- Auditing Actions: full audit of activities within DatAdvantage increases organizational security posture by providing immediate accountability for administrators.
- User and Group Creation: Users and groups can be created and edited from the DatAdvantage interface, increasing administrative functionality and flexibility.
Our CEO and co-founder, Yaki Faitelson:
“We have changed the architecture of the product so that the people who already rely heavily on DatAdvantage to improve management and security for their unstructured data platforms can integrate it into their workflow even more seamlessly, while those new to the technology will benefit from the experience and input from those who have come before them.”
If you’re interested in seeing a demo or evaluating Varonis in your environment, contact us today.